Monday, 17 March 2014

Monday Night Madness #5

I ordered 20 yards of fabric from Hawthorne Fabrics to make a Cathedral Window quilt.
I was excited to receive the package,  but daunted when I opened it.
I now have to cut it into 288 × 9 3/4 in squares and iron them into those special squares ready to put the windows in.

In preparation for sewing group I cut 40 squares to iron tonight. No problem!

Well 2 hours - burnt fingers - 12 squares ironed.

My calculations 48 of ironing.

This IS a long term project.

1 comment:

  1. I have made a unconventional Cathedral Window Block Quilt... I had to make ONE block for a patchwork class I was in and show it the next week. I made 82 in a week! Then I just added sashings and called it done! I have no idea how you are supposed to join then in the traditional way! I look forward to seeing your's.